Saturday, February 26, 2011

Out of Here

A nice little cafe in terminal five and a 15 pound 24 hour internet pass and I wiled away the day. Around midnight they announced that they were closing so I was evicted from my leather lounger and deprived of my electricity. A few tables were moved to block the lounger I had previously occupied but. I looked longingly like a kid through a candy store window and assumed a spot on a metal bench to wile away seven hours. Another hour on the internet, some reading, truly WTF Darwin "Descent of Man", tried to nap but was afraid I was so tired I would sleep through my flight. Got up at five, took an elevator down four floors and headed off the the Heathrow Express train to terminal three. Walking, more walking. Caught the train, walk, another tunnel, yet another long tunnel, another elevator walk across a terrace, terminal three.

Now the question is did I do the right thing? Around midnight I received an urgent email from Travelocity telling them my itinerary had changed. Well, that was yesterday's news. Wait, I'm booked on two flights out of London, leaving five minutes apart from two different terminals? Is that why I was sodomized at the ticket counter, I have yet another flight I won't be able to use?

American had my reservation so I flew my British Airways flight on American. It's 6:30 in the morning, I haven't slept for 26 hours, I smell like a goat in heat and I need to change the rest of my pounds to U.S. dollars. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment