Saturday, February 26, 2011

At the gate

Would you like butter on your sausage? Ahh, no thank you. Beans on toast? I'll give it a miss.

Walked over to the currency exchange and got sodomized. Pounds I had paid $1.84 for were bought back off me at $1.41. Through security, no shoes but I had to remove my belt and put my hands in my pockets to hold my pants up. Bag rexrayed. God, not another knife lost. Nope. It slides down a long well lubricated lamp to slam into the tray holding my notebook computer. Long trek through shops and duty frees. Another long walk, but this time I had checked my heavy bag so the going was light. Another security check, that's my fourth one for this flight. Yet another passport control. Boarding pass taken, man immediately checks stub. No groping, no body scans.
Flight leaves in an hour. I'm sitting at the gate. Why do airports have so few electrical outlets?

No comments:

Post a Comment