Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Boquette

On Monday, a group from Lost and Found took a tour to the petroglyphs and hot springs on the way to Boquette. Ben, the consumate peckerhead, retained his title, continually and arrogantly spouting disdain and nonsense. Arriving at the petroglyphs he felt the need to climb the rocks and stand on the ancient carvings.

Mario and I checked into Villa Verde while the rest of the group stayed at Mamallena. I prefer the spacious private rooms at Villa Verde for $15 a night. If you come, make sure you bring your own toilet paper and soap. At 7:30 I told Mario I was going to take a nap. The nap lasted until 7:00 Tuesday morning when I was awakened by the sounds of cocks, dogs, traffic, and the strong sun light pouring in the many windows. I spend most of the day taking care of business over the internet.

Around noon the sleepy Austrian showed his face and we went out for lunch. I told him I had a copy of a computer based Spanish course and he wanted a copy so we started the transfer process back at the hostel. I took one of his backpacks and 3 bags and walked him over to Mamallena. The attraction for Mario were that Mamallena is right in the center of town, cheaper and had a large quantity of travel guides.

My friends from San Blas, Jody and Dean sent me an email indicating that they were in Boquette and we agreed to meet at El Centro at 6:30. It appeared as though it would take an hour to transfer the 3 GB of data to his box so we headed off to Paradise Gardens, arriving at 3:00 which left us but an hour to enjoy this animal rescue sanctuary. We walked back, stopped at Fresa Mary and had some wonderful strawberries with whipped cream and a pretty dreadful cheeseburger. It was 5:30 by the time we walked back. Mario collected his notebook computer and moved back to Mamallena.

I walked up to the El Centro at exactly 6:30 and was met by Jody who informed me that she suspected I was an extremely punctual person and that she had only come out of the bar 2 minutes earlier to wait for me. At 9:00 they had to head back before the taxis shut down for the night and I walked home. At Moreno's supermarket, I ran into the Dutch women from Lost and Found, who it turns out were also staying at Mamallenas and noted that Sam and Mario were there also. I said "so is dickhead" to which one responded laughingly "Ben?".

No comments:

Post a Comment