Sunday, July 8, 2012

Three Girls and Garrett


I was sitting at the Garden of Eden chatting with three friends, when the owner announced that there were people coming to my house. From his vantage point a water taxi could be observed.

I popped back to my house to greet them before they could even get out of the water taxi. Kehrin a sweetheart dancing girl from Cairo actually now a professional wedding planner in California. Stephanie was from Florida, and owned lots of rental units on both coasts, finding attractively priced quadplexes and renting them out providing her with a free place to live and some small money in her pocket. She also flew around conducting seminars. Some girl I can't remember from California. Garret from California and had been picked up by the girls on the way as they were smitten with him.

"Jim you know everybody!"  "What do you mean?"  Wait you just grabbed a random water taxi guy and told him you want to "Go to Jim's house? That was your plan?"  I know maybe a third of the people who live her, but I sure don't know every water taxi driver and most of them don't know where I live.  You were lucky.  No we just asked in town if somebody knew Jim and that we were trying to get to his house and a guy said that he knew you and called the water taxi.   Even stranger is running into somebody who knows what water taxi guy I use and his number.

We put down their bags, they had a few drinks at the Garden of Eden and we left with Lindsey, the chief administrator of the place. Garrett and one of the girls cooked a wonderful dinner, dancing while doing so. I took Lindsey back and we just kind of hung out, listening to music and chatting.

Not a very interesting store, but Garrett will play some interesting roles, so just consider this background.

No comments:

Post a Comment