Friday, April 22, 2011

Good Friday

I got an email from my good friend and real estate agent Walter, telling me he was looking for. I walked down to his office but saw no one. I continued on to Casa Verde, greeting and being greeted by expats and a few locals, just passing on the street, calling out from their businesses, or waving out of a notorious strangely painted red micro van.

Arriving at Casa Verde in the course of 50 feet I was informed by three women that Walter was looking for me. One called him on the house cell phone. He said he wanted to go out and show me some of the resorts I wanted to inspect for comparison purposes.

But, this is banana's country.

He said he would be down in fifteen minutes. I waited then walked to the real estate office. He was gone, he would be back in an hour. At least they had made a very attractive addition to the office staff. I killed some more time. Hours later we had lunch and decided to take the boat tour. It took half an hour to find a captain, but between a defective prop, an engine that burned too much oil, not enough gas, the marina being closed. We finally game up with plan 13 took a ten gallon gas tank to the only gas station on the island to find it closed.

We gave up, picked up another bud and just spent three hours touring the shores of Isla Colon.

No comments:

Post a Comment